Checkout our: Hybrid vs Native Decision Tool
Hybrid vs Native:
It seems like everyday there is yet another tool to do mobile development and businesses are often faced with the Hybrid vs Native decision. With all of the different ways to build a mobile app, it can be difficult to determine what is right for your organization. We don’t think there is one magic piece of technology that can meet all of your needs for mobile development.
We have learned some valuable lessons over the years doing mobile development and we have compiled those into a quick tool that asks you several questions and gives you a real-time recommendation as to what technology maybe best for your specific requirements:
The Decision Tool will ask you questions that pertain to your specific needs and recommend one of the following:
- Native Development (Objective-C for Apple, Java for Android, etc.)
- Hybrid-Native (Tools such as Appcelerator or Xamarin)
- Hybrid-HTML5 (Tools such as Ionic, Phonegap, Cordova, Sencha, or jQuery Mobile)
- Mobile Web (Building a mobile first responsive site)
(For more information on each of these different development tools, please see our Mobile Strategy & Development page.)
The Decision Tool covers the following business requirements:
- Which devices you plan to target?
- What type of development staff do you currently have?
- What device features will you need (Camera, GPS, Accelerometer, etc.)
- What is your target market…Consumers, Employees, or other Businesses
- How important is Data Security?
- And of course, how much money do you have to spend?
Understand that this isn’t an exhaustive recommendation and you should do your own evaluation, however this should be a good start. If you have any questions about the tool, why it works the way it does, or just need help making this decision, don’t hesitate to contact us.
If you need help making this decision, we also have a Mobile Development Framework Evaluation project available where we will help you make a more detailed selection based on your specific requirements.