Mobile Development Case Study
Field Service Application Using HTML5 and PhoneGap with e-Signature Integration
Problem: Field service agents collecting data on paper
A large field services organization’s field agents were using paper forms to collect customer information and signatures. This information then had to be transcribed for processing. This process was error prone and time consuming, reducing the efficiency of field service agents.
Enter Ion Three
Ion Three was engaged by business to figure out how to streamline their field service agents’ data collection process. Target platform was chosen as iPad. Ion Three designed and developed a solution that can work disconnectedly from company servers when at customer location and allow the agents to collect data once by submitting the data to company systems when possible.
The Solution: HTML5 PhoneGap Application with Embedded eSignature Integration
Ion Three delivered a solution build on HTML5 and PhoneGap (Cordova), significantly reducing the development cost for the client. The solution enabled field service agents to:
- Collect additional information from customers electronically
- Collect E-Signatures with the ability to email completed forms to the customer as well as electronically submit the forms to corporate servers for processing
- See a listing of their active jobs with the ability to view all the details of each job
- Sketch floor plans within the app, allowing the application to calculate the quantity and type of equipment needed.
- Ability to barcode scan equipment for an accurate equipment inventory.
Ask us about enabling your field agents with a mobile solution!Contact Us Today